Clown Temple In Malang – when we hear the word clown, surely that comes to mind is a performer who was polishing her face with thick powder and dressed weird, as well as a facial demonstrated eloquently funny.
It looks at the parent room of the temple which contains a pair of statues are not real from Shiva and Parvati in the form of lingam and yoni. On the outer wall there is a niche-niche containing a statue of Mahakal and Nadiswara.
In the North there are niches with statues of Durga Mahesasuramardhini. Recesses of the East there are statues of Ganesha. In the South there is a statue of Agastya i.e. Shiva as a Maestro. But among all the statues were just statues of Durga Mahesasuramardhini just left.
Seen its shape, similar to a Clown Temple temples in Central Java of the period of the 8th century until the 10th especially in the area of Dieng plateau such as the Gedongsongo Temple. The materials of the temple is made of andesite. Foot plain not ornate. The entrance given the Viewer. Kalamakara which decorate the top of the door do not wear a lower jaw.
The temple was once surrounded by walls of Clowns which has now been lost. Some of the ruins of the Temple still looks scattered here and there that is certainly part of the temple which until now has not been ascertained how the original.
A staircase flanked by carved staircase ornamented kinarakinari cheek (a creature of heaven human-headed bird-body in charge of celestial music plays). The field of ornamental addition to relun-recesses of the temple are decorated with floral patterns. The roof collapse. Before the entrance there is a pedestal smaller ancillary temples by as much as three. In the courtyard of the temple to the North and South there are two cuboid stones with a rectangular hole.
This temple was discovered in 1921 where his form at the time was just a mound of rock, the ruins, and the land. The first person to proclaim the existence of a temple the clown is Maureen Brecher, a controller working in the Netherlands the nation's Poor.
Clown Temple was rebuilt in 1925-1927 under the supervision of B De Haan of the Netherlands Indies, the ancient Office. From the results of excavations at the moment it is known that the building had collapsed completely, except the foot part of the order can still be seen.
The existing stones around it then selected and collected by type and size. On the basis of this is then tried to compose the building. In 1926 the entire accounts part of the foot and the body can be rebuilt, except the roof section cannot be retrieved.
In 1990-1993 return carried out restoration of the temple by the Regional Office of education and culture and the Clown Asylum historical relics and archaeology of East Java, through the project Preservation/utilization of historical heritage and archaeology of East Java, which was implemented in gradually.
Conservation and construction of Objects of cultural heritage is intended so that our cultural heritage remains a sustainably teak can show ourselves as a civilized nation.